Central Saskatchewan 2016 Camp 20 (Jul 15 - 17)


A beautiful morning at 4:30 a.m. at Camp 19.




I canoed past forest fire ravaged barren shorelines for much of the day.






All at once there was a big hatch of mayflies (fishflies).  Their bodies littered the surface of the waterways for many days.  Where they washed up on shore there was a strong stench that smelled like that of a large dead animal.


No matter where you go there is always going to be a reminder of the "civilized" world.




Camp 20, after a long paddle of 23 km, six of which was in search of a campsite.   It was a beautiful sunny day.  The evening was calm with very few mosquitoes.   I stayed up late by the fire to enjoy  a gorgeous moonrise.  Typically I am in bed by 8 p.m., sometimes earlier if the mosquitoes are bothersome, but I am usually quite ready for sleep after an early rise and an active day.

I passed by a fly-in fishing lodge where Bart and Vickie gave me a package of fresh food which provided some very much appreciated treats.



My beard is getting unruly.