Central Saskatchewan 2017 Camp 23 (Jul 25)

Awake at 4 am to the alarm at camp 22 on July 25, but it has started raining again and I doze until 5:30 am.  On going outside, it is not looking good to travel, very cloudy.  I unpack the kitchenware and chair and bake a cinnamon bannock on the stove.  When I open the in-use food bag, I see that rainwater from the bottom of canoe had got inside and spoiled some food in Ziploc™ bags that leaked.  Aie!  Well at least I am near the end of this trip.  The waterproof bags I store food and gear in are not failproof when submerged.  A pileated woodpecker nearby makes his "laughing" call all morning; is he mocking me?  At 1:30 pm I leave camp, a very late start by seven hours, knowing it is going to be a LONG day.

I arrive at camp 23 by 8:30 pm, after canoeing 19 km.  This is the same site as camp 1 from May.  Mosquitoes very bothersome as night falls.  Cold supper in tent and in bed by 11:30 pm.  This past two weeks has been too hectic, too much work in too short a time.  Aie!



Camp 23 on July 26 at 6:11 am.