East Central Saskatchewan 2017 Camp 40 (Sep 1-2)



Sunset between 7:27 and 7:40 pm on September 1.

Sunrise September 2 at 5:56 am.


Camp 40, my new campsite only one km from previous site, downstream and on the opposite side.  I am glad to have left the camp where a bear trashed my in-use food bag.  All of the rescued food in punctured bags gets repackaged. I realize that I lost my one bag of laundry soap, but thankfully had just refilled the small container used for washing dishes.  There will be enough to finish my trip as only 1/2 tsp is used in 25 litres of water for one batch of laundry.



The rubber bag patched with duct tape.  The bag though will have to be replaced for next season.

To fix my kneeling pad, I trim the damaged edge.

The bear punctured my "tablecloth", which already had many duct tape patches, now patched with even more duct tape.

I manage to replace all of the damaged Ziploc™ bags with used but good ones, except for this one which I fix with duct tape.


There are many lowbush cranberries (Viburnum edule) to pick for meals.

Full moon rising at 7:55 pm.  Two beavers swim nearby in circles, checking me out, all the while murmuring softly to each other (romantically?).